Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Great Adventure

I feel like the kids in the Disney commercial. You know the ones. They are so excited they can't sleep because the next morning they leave for Disney. Well, I had no trouble getting in my eight hours last night. Sherry will tell you that all I have to do is look at a pillow and I am sound asleep. But don't think that since I slept, I am not excited. I am excited, very excited, but I am even more thankful.

 I am thankful that the North Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church provides this opportunity. I am thankful for the people of Tate UMC who paid for my travel. I am even more thankful for the prayers and the well wishes of the people of Tate, my facebook friends, and others. This outpouring of love you have shown is both touching and a bit overwhelming.

It occurs to me, that maybe what I am most thankful for is the miracle of the Internet. Why? Because it allows the opportunity to take you along on this adventure. It reminds me of an old Steven Curtis Chapman song:


"Saddle up your horses we've got a trail to blaze
Through the wild blue yonder of God's amazing grace
Let's follow our leader into the glorious unknown
This is a life like no other - this is The Great Adventure

Come on get ready for the ride of your life
Gonna leave long faced religion in a cloud of dust behind
And discover all the new horizons just waiting to be explored
This is what we were created for

We'll travel over, over mountains so high
We'll go through valleys below
Still through it all we'll find that
This is the greatest journey that the human heart will ever see
The love of God will take us far beyond our wildest dreams

Yeah... oh saddle up your horses... come on get ready to ride"

You ready to ride?

2 comments:

  1. This will be a great adventure and I'm so excited for you to be able to take it. It makes me smile to think of how this whole great adventure began with God pulling at you all those years ago to step out into the "wild blue yonder" and go to seminary. It has been a great adventure and we've been blessed to experience it with you and Sherry! Have a wonderful trip and may you have supernatural energy and wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rev, for thinking of all of us on your trip. It would be so easy to bask in all of the glories you are about to witness but you are making the extra effort to share those experiences with us. God speed, Rob. -Glenn

    ReplyDelete